It is an exciting time at William Osler Health System (Osler). A new Strategic Plan is setting an ambitious course for the organization over the next five years, focusing on a commitment to enhancing quality excellence in patient care, optimizing value through efficient and effective processes, emerging technologies, and at the core – ensuring Osler staff, physicians and volunteers are able to excel. The Strategic Communications Department is viewed as a critical enabler of Osler’s priorities and the Senior Digital Media Specialist is a member of this dynamic team.
The Senior Digital Media Specialist works under the direction of the Manager, Public Relations and Digital Media to develop, execute, and improve Osler’s digital media platforms. The successful candidate has a thirst for new and emerging online and social media trends, and can effectively conceptualize, deliver, and measure digital media projects and campaigns. They have a strong grasp of current digital tools and strategies and can leverage their knowledge and experience in multi-channel communications to increase awareness of Osler’s achievements and initiatives. The Senior Digital Media Specialist is a key contributor to Osler’s annual Digital Media strategy and works closely with Osler’s Digital Content Coordinator to ensure seamless alignment of content across Osler’s digital platforms.
- Conceptualize, curate and update content for Osler’s digital platforms to educate the public and staff about the organization and its future directions, raise awareness of hospital programs and services, and promote Osler's reputation and brand.
- Support the development, implementation and evaluation of Osler’s digital media strategy.
- Develop, execute and measure effective digital campaigns and projects that resonate with Osler’s audiences.
- Manage the development, maintenance and improvement of Osler’s internal and external websites.
- Collaborate with the Digital Media Team to evaluate content to optimize the strengths of Osler’s digital media channels, and drive growth and engagement.
- Work closely with the Digital Media Team to monitor, review, and respond to community questions and concerns via social media and website in a timely manner to promote positive engagement and interaction.
- Enforce Osler’s social media guidelines and policies among Osler staff, physicians and volunteers.
- Stay abreast of best practices, trends, competitive landscape and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Proven experience working in digital media, with a strong understanding of website technology, social media and email marketing.
- Demonstrated success in growing and engaging diverse audiences through digital media.
· Expert use of various content management systems (Sitefinity, Medseek, Wordpress, etc.).
· Solid knowledge of SEO/SEM and digital analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Hootsuite, native social analytics).
- Excellent written communication skills, with superior storytelling abilities.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences, and developing and optimizing digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
· Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online and social media marketing and measurement.
· Ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated high-level of customer service and interpersonal skills needed, including ability to work with diverse individuals and groups (i.e. front-line staff, physicians, volunteers, Foundation).
· Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Demonstrates commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values.
· Ability to travel between hospital sites as required. Vehicle is necessary.
· Experience working in health care is an asset.